Buuuummmmer. I was really hoping to post every single day, but my stupid job ruined me on day three. Sigh. After working almost three hours late, I just could not find the motivation to put up a post yesterday.
But that’s what today is for, right?
Unfortunately, aside from not having time to blog/sleep/enjoy my free time, I haven’t had time to cook. The boyfriend should be making a curry tonight, in which case I will post pictures, but the weeks for me are about surviving on the leftovers from the weekend. So yay beer bread and black bean soup!
One thing I should mention is that I’m participating in a weight-loss challenge at work. During Vegan MoFo. I know, I’m insane, but I figure saying no to extra beers and exercising more couldn’t hurt. To be honest, I doubt I’ll be changing up my daily diet much, just trying to treat myself less.
I wonder if took all vegans as long as it took me to come to a smart daily diet. I currently eat 6-7 times each day and try to have a steady balance of nutrients. It’s not always easy (namely on weekends), but I love at least having a plan that I can start with – however, it took me about two years to find a good rhythm, one that worked with my daily life:
- Early Morning Snack – Energy Bar (Raw if I can afford it or have the time to make it at home, Luna Bars if I’m tight on cash), Yerba Mate, and a multivitamin
- Mid-Morning Snack – Oatmeal w/ Almonds and Dried Fruit (if I’m actively exercising every day, I will also add 1-2 Tbsp. of hemp protein powder)
- Lunch – Leftovers (casserole, soup, pasta, etc.), one piece of fruit, and, if there aren’t many veggies in the main dish, a small spinach salad
- Mid-Afternoon Snack – Plain yogurt mixed with frozen berries (I’ve been using Wildwood’s Probiotic Plain yogurt and adding a small squeeze of agave)
- Dinner – casserole, soup, pasta, “chicken burger”, etc. Same concept as lunch but usually a different meal – and what I eat for dinner often becomes lunch another day later that week. Also, I most often have a salad, generally mixed greens, with more fresh veggies.
- After-Dinner Snack – Popcorn/peanut butter toast/small piece of chocolate/applesauce, etc.
It’s not a perfect list (I sometimes find myself super hungry around 5pm so I eat way too much dinner), but for the most part it works for me. How do you eat your way through the day?